Welcome to Our Classrooms--All 50 Years of Them!
Since Fall of 1962, Fox Chapel Area Adult Education (FCAAE), an outreach program of the Fox Chapel Area School District, has provided enrichment classes to the community. It is a non-profit organization managed by a volunteer Board of Directors with the help of one employee, our Executive Director. We operate two semesters: Fall (usually mid-September to mid-November) and Winter/Spring (usually mid-February to mid-April). Classes have varying start dates.
New December-February sessions currently enrolling
Swim, Essentrics, Kickboxing!
The Fall 2016 class information is listed on our website.
If this information is not displaying, please refresh your browser or clear your cache.
The Fall 2016 brochure was mailed to all residents of the Fox Chapel Area School District as well as non-residents who have taken one of our classes in the past 12 years. If you do not receive your brochure, please contact us but also contact your local post office and inform the postmaster of the delivery problem.
If you are not in one of these groups, and would like to be added to our mailing list, please send your mailing information to Susan Goodwin, Executive Director at email@example.com. Also, an email alert is sent when brochures are delivered to the post office. If you wish to receive an email notice, please provide your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Spring 2017 brochure is in process. Mailing is expected to take place in mid-January 2017.
Email Updates: Email confirmations and email communications are being used by FCAAE more all the time. PLEASE check your junk or spam folder to see if FCAAE emails are going directly there. This issue is happening frequently for AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo users especially.
Can I Register The Day Of The Class? Yes, if there is space available. Contact the Executive Director by phone or email before 1 p.m. the day of the class, and provide your mailing address, home/cell/business phone numbers, and email address, she will pre-register you and you will not need to pay the additional $5 last minute registration fee. If it is after 1 p.m. the day of the class, please go directly to class with your form/signed release/payment and be sure to add the $5 last minute registration fee to your class fee. Please give this information to the Executive Director (or instructor if the ED is at another school opening classes). If you don't have a form, there will be extra copies in the room where your class is being held.
Want instant alerts about class closings and registration status? Sign up for Twitter and Facebook alerts. Links and information are at the bottom of this page.
Use these three links for latest news:
- Weather Cancellations--Have this evening's classes been cancelled? What are the make-up class dates for any cancellations?
- Class Status--Has your class sold out? Is it almost sold out or cancelled?
- General News--When classes might be posted for an upcoming semester, etc.
- Get text alerts on your cell phone without having a Twitter account (find out why this can be a great idea!) simply by sending a the text message "Follow FCAdultEd" to the number 40404.
- If you already have accounts on Facebook and Twitter or if you are interested in getting accounts on Facebook or Twitter, "Like" us on Facebook and "Follow Us" on Twitter with your current accounts by clicking on the buttons below.