Welcome to Our Classrooms--All 50 Years of Them!
Since Fall of 1962, Fox Chapel Area Adult Education (FCAAE), an outreach program of the Fox Chapel Area School District, has provided enrichment classes to the community. It is a non-profit organization managed by a volunteer Board of Directors with the help of one employee, our Executive Director. We operate two semesters: Fall (usually mid-September to mid-November) and Winter/Spring (usually mid-February to mid-April). Classes have varying start dates.
*** Website Is Live ***
If you visit our website and the W/S 2015 class information is not showing, please refresh your browser window and if that doesn't work, clear your cache.
The Winter/Spring 2015 brochure was delivered to the USPS on Friday, 1/16/15. Brochures were mailed to all residents of the Fox Chapel Area School District as well as non-residents who have taken one of our classes in the past ten years. If you do not receive your brochure, please contact us but also contact your local post office and inform them of the delivery problem. If you wish to be added to our mailing and email notice list, please provide your contact information to email@example.com.
Please Note: The High School is currently under construction. The pool has been demolished and is still in the process of being rebuilt. However, the cooking rooms are back in service and new classes have been scheduled. While every effort will be made to adhere to the schedule as published, please be aware that circumstances beyond our control may necessitate the need for some last-minute changes.
Can I Register The Day Of The Class? Yes, if there is space available. If you contact the Executive Director by phone or email before 1 p.m. the day of the class, and provide your mailing address, home/cell/business phone numbers, and email address, she will pre-register you and you will not need to pay the additional $5 last minute registration fee. If it is after 1 p.m. the day of the class, please go directly to class with your form/signed release/payment and be sure to add the $5 last minute registration fee to your class fee. Please give this information to the Executive Director (or instructor if the ED is at another school opening classes). If you don't have a form, there will be extra copies in the room where your class is being held.
Want instant alerts about class closings and registration status? Sign up for Twitter and Facebook alerts. Links and information are at the bottom of this page.
Use these three links for latest news:
- Weather Cancellations--Have this evening's classes been cancelled? What are the make-up class dates for any cancellations?
- Class Status--Has your class sold out? Is it almost sold out or cancelled?
- General News--When classes might be posted for an upcoming semester, etc.
- Get text alerts on your cell phone without having a Twitter account (find out why this can be a great idea!) simply by sending a the text message "Follow FCAdultEd" to the number 40404.
- If you already have accounts on Facebook and Twitter or if you are interested in getting accounts on Facebook or Twitter, "Like" us on Facebook and "Follow Us" on Twitter with your current accounts by clicking on the buttons below.